The Maternal and Newborn Health Programme Research and Advocacy Fund (RAF) is a national programme aiming to improve maternal and newborn health in Pakistan. RAF supports research and advocacy initiatives to influence pro-poor policy and practice reform. RAF is funded by Department for International Development (DFID) and Australian Department for Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), and managed by a consortium led by the British Council.
RAF is recruiting for a Conference Coordinator. The position is available on a fixed term contract for a maximum of three months from 1 December 2014 to February 2015.
The Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating a large 2 day conference to be held in January 2015. Key tasks expected for this role would include:
- Event management (responsibility for all logistical and administrative arrangements).
- Source speakers and chairs for the conference, including confirmation of their participation, logistical arrangements.
- Manage all communication materials/conference and book external suppliers.
- Ensure list of participants/invitees are updated and invitation letters are sent on time and confirmations for attendance are appropriately recorded.
- Develop copy and design of all communication materials (such as programme newsletter, event pack, banners and event publications), and ensure its timely delivery for the conference.
- Ensure all key documents are ready for dissemination during/after the conference. These include policy briefs, synthesis papers, lessons learnt report, and the conference booklet.
The detailed job role profile for this position is as follows:
Role Profile - Conference Coordinator
Applications must be submitted on the external job Application Form and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 26 November 2014. The following is the Application Form and necessary guiding material:
Generic Skills Dictionary
You are strongly advised to read the Recruitment Guide before applying. To apply for an advertised job opportunity, please also read the Behaviours Dictionary and the Generic Skills Dictionary before completing our Application Form. We do not accept unsolicited CVs.
RAF is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.